Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded 2.8% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 1-day period ending at 10:00 AM Eastern on March 2nd. Monero has a market capitalization of $4.91 billion and $94.68 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. Over the last seven days, Monero has traded 8% higher against the U.S. dollar. One Monero coin can now be bought for about $311.19 or 0.02873150 BTC on exchanges including Exmo, Bisq, Qryptos and Livecoin.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded down 5.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0044 or 0.00000041 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded 6.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0182 or 0.00000168 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded down 3.4% against the dollar and now trades at $3.27 or 0.00030218 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded up 1.8% against the dollar and now trades at $1.36 or 0.00012616 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded 4.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.78 or 0.00025708 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded up 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $1.02 or 0.00009473 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded 5.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0082 or 0.00000076 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded 3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.11 or 0.00000972 BTC.
Monero (XMR) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. It was first traded on April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,779,610 coins. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here. Monero’s official website is www.monero.cc. Monero’s official message board is forum.getmonero.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Monero Coin Trading
Monero can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Exrates, Mercatox, Bithumb, Qryptos, SouthXchange, Coinroom, Bitfinex, LiteBit.eu, Livecoin, Kraken, Abucoins, Bisq, Gate.io, Cryptopia, Cryptox, Braziliex, Poloniex, HitBTC, Binance, Upbit, OKEx, BTC-Alpha, Tux Exchange, Bittrex, Cryptomate and Exmo. It is not presently possible to purchase Monero directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Monero must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Monero using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Monero and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.